Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out of chaos


One of my Christmas gifts was a beautiful desk that is surrounded with drawers. So many drawers, I don't even know what to put inside all of them! It is the perfect piece of furniture for me and all my doo-dads. I've already resolved to try and keep this in order- keep the top of it somewhat clear and not allow dishes and water glasses to pile up (one of my bad habits). Starting that process has led me to de-messy other parts of my studio as well. I've been trying to work up the energy (and courage!) to reorganize the amoire that stores all my sewing supplies, paints, printing materials, and lots of this and that. I can't even remember the last time I went through it. Every time I open it up I have to wade through all the ribbon and zippers and whatever else I have in there and usually don't even find what I'm looking for! I finally tackled it. I spent hours going through every last thing. I took everything out, then put back what I needed/wanted in the appropriate place. It is so nice to have a cleaner space- even looking at it from the outside feels better. And I came across so much fabric that I forgot I had- and with that all the ideas and intentions.

I now have an organized studio, new ideas, and inspiration- I can't think of a better way to start the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the desk! It's a beauty. It must have been fun treasure hunting in your armoire.