Monday, January 11, 2010

Love this


Fermatic Wilderness (Detail) Acrylic and hand-cut paper on panel

Fermatic Pandemic
72″ x 36″ x 3″
acrylic and hand cut paper on panel
2009
I just love the art work by Charles Clary. It's interesting- months ago I started doing something similar with clay. Less colorful and complex, but it is layers of blobish things mingling together. Similar, but also very different. Now I'm inspired to add some color to my pieces! I found this here over at Art Milk, also a great discovery of my Monday.
Ahhh, I just love Mondays now. One full day of doing what I love to do. Today I worked on my banner, or bunting, or whatever. I need to get a different color of thread, but I'm making progress. By next week I should have little flags of happiness hanging around! (this is a really dark photo, but I like how much the fabric stands out). My bunting is made with a recycled vintage table cloth that was stained and torn. Unfortunately in my gusto I wasn't very careful and have a big ole' stain on one of the flags. At least it is just for me. I can live with imperfection (and often prefer it). I'm thinking of making a few for my etsy shop... Any thoughts or ideas?

No comments: