Hi! Happy Monday! Usually, it would be a busy day for me (and many), getting back into the grind of things. My typical weekday usually includes a lot of juggling between my various jobs and daughter and husband and home and I just never quite have enough time for ReLove Projects. However, this week is different. This week I get to focus almost entirely on my home, my art, & my projects. I've learned from experience that the more I have to do the more I actually get done. For example, if I have a list of 10 things to do versus a list of two things to do, the ten list will get about eight things knocked off, and the two list gets lost in the shuffle of all my distractions. It doesn't make sense, I know. It seems like if there are fewer things they are easier to do and take less time... Another thing I've learned is that if I don't somehow hold myself accountable then I totally lack self-discipline. What can I say? I'm weak! I know! And now you know too! So here is my solution to that: I'm going to share much of my to-do list with you.
Anne's To-Do for the week of August 3
1) Clean my studio a little bit every day (by "a little bit" I mean at least 20 minutes of focused organizing). On Friday I'm going to take a picture of it to share with you. Feel free to bust me if it still looks like a pack of raccoons went on a rampage!
2) Finish my twelve new cards that I started last week.
3) Finish two of the four pieces I was commissioned to do, and at least get started on the other two. (I'm really exited to create these. They're like my cards, only bigger. They are for two little girls and will be ocean themed.)
4) Blog every day. Yes! Every day! I have so much I've been wanting to share- other blogs, etsy finds, project ideas, and new work. Oh yes, and a giveaway!
5) Create something just because. I don't want to get lost in the world of not loving what I do. Sometimes I think I get so sucked into being productive and supporting myself that I forget that the real reason that I create things is simply because I love it.
6) Get started on my new art. This is what it looks like right now:
When I find a scrap piece of wood I paint it with primer and hang it up. Then I wait for inspiration and time.
Well, with this big list I need to get cracking! See you tomorrow!
PS- I only shared the To-Do's on my creative-ish list. I figured you weren't interested in my cleaning the toilet and calling the accountant! I didn't want you to think I was a slacker with only 5 things :).