Monday, August 24, 2009

Estate Sale Heaven

I usually don't like to visit estate sales. The few I've been to just gave me a weird feeling, and I didn't see a single thing that looked interesting. I can't seem to get it out of my mind that someone died. That is why when I saw a big neon sign for an estate sale I passed right by. My friend said, "Let's go check it out, you never know what you might find!" So we looped back around. Holy moley, it blew all of my past bad estate sale experiences away! We got there on the last day, but there were still plenty of treasures, and because it was the last day there was a free pile! The best part (yes, even better than 1920's National Geographics), was that nobody died. An elderly woman decided to sell everything- all her stuff, her house. I didn't find out why she'd made that decision, but my imagination is coming up with all sorts of adventures for her. Maybe she is travelling the world, or joining the circus (or both!).
Here are some of my favorite things I picked up:
These are both probably a handmade. Did you make loop rugs as a kid? I did. I can't decide if I'm going to hang them on the wall or keep it on the floor.
All these plates were freeeeeeee!

No comments: