Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wish List

It's December. Christmas is coming, which we've all known since the Halloween decorations were taken down to be quickly replaced by happy santas and reindeer and snow men frolicking about. My organized family is already asking me what I want. I could go on and on about how strange this holiday has become- when did people start giving and expecting presents? Why can't I just tell people I don't want anything (and have them believe me and actually not buy me something)? My sister says, "But I like giving gifts!" and that's fine, but really, it's not necessary. But I guess if I'm absolutely going to be forced to receive something, I'd like to support artists in the process. Here are some ideas off of Etsy:

This Gorgeous Necklace by Doloris Petunia. I just love the colors, the use of older jewelry, and how bold these necklaces are.

Little Ones print set by AshleyG or this or this all by AshleyG


I LOVE this ring by Adorn Jewelry

And just for the record, I'm going to be shopping for my loved ones on etsy too. If anyone would like to put some shameless plugs in about your etsy shop, or if you are also going to commit to supporting artists this season fire away in the comments! Together we can turn this strange gift-giving custom into a holiday that makes poor starving artists into rich & fed!

No comments: