Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Clementine Cards

Did you know that besides ReLove Projects I'm also an art teacher at Clementine Studio? For some time I had the idea that I wanted to separate the different parts of my life: ReLove Projects was one part, family and life was another part, and Clementine was another. Of course there are many many other parts, and they all do overlap a little, but I've been pretty mindful of not getting too into my teaching or my family in my ReLove part. Now, in retrospect, I don't even know why I thought that would be a good idea! So get ready for all sorts of other information that you maybe didn't know about me, my life, my family, and my other work.

Tonight I was put in charge of packaging up beautiful cards featuring creations by Clementine artists (ages 3-6). Each package contains 11 cards with a different masterpiece, 11 envelopes, and a postcard about Clementine Studio. The sales goes directly to Clementine's scholarship fund. I started thinking while I was looking at these, first of all, how great they are. I just love kids' art. Kids have a certain vision, freedom of expression, and creativity that gets lost somewhere along the road to adulthood (don't get me wrong, I love adult art too, it's just different). I was also thinking about how many people would probably LOVE to support Clementine and the little artists that may need some assistance. If you're interested in more information, or would like to purchase a set of these cards, please leave a comment or email me. I really really believe in Clementine, I believe in art for kids, I believe in providing the opportunity to explore art to everybody, and I believe in supporting great things!

(this fabulous piece was made by Evelyn, age 5. She says, "I like making collages because you can choose all sorts of colors-art is fun!")

No comments: