Friday, April 6, 2007

Friday night

The weather outside is drizzly and cold. It rained and that rain turned into ice. Instead of a wild Friday out I choose instead to cozy up at home with my warm computer. There is so much inspiration and information out there, it always astounds me! I don't know if the www makes the world smaller by bringing everyone into this reachable place, or much bigger by throwing this deep ocean of everything imaginible into one tiny screen. Anyway, here are my wonderful results:

Wardrobe Refashi
on: This is a perfect blog devoted to the fashion aspect of what I love- thrifting, reusing, and recreating (ummmm, does anyone even wonder anymore where I came up with my name?) This takes it one step further and every participant signs a pledge agreeing not to buy ANY new item of clothing for a certain amount of time. It can be known here, now, that this sort of challenge is what I live for, thrive on, and was exactly what I was hoping for in my wildest fantasies of internet dreams come true.

This is the pledge, straight from the site:

I, Anne of ReLove Projects, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings! Signed (I don't have a scanner here, but believe me, I would sign in blood drawn from a sewing needle if I could!)

I am so exited to begin, so stay tuned.... Summer dresses, tank tops, bathing suits- oh the fun I'll have!

Love Forever: Kayte Terry is a self-described crafty dynamo and I think that sums it up nicely. It is thanks to her and her artsy insights that I discovered so many great links (including Wardrobe Refashion). She always has beautiful photos, inspiration, and projects posted. I discovered her from:

Free People Blog
: Not only do they have beautiful clothing and catalogs, but they also have a beautiful blog. Geese, some just have it all! I want to make a necklace like in this picture:

I looked for it in the catalog, but couldn't find it. Did I miss it somewhere?
I think it would be beautiful made out of fabric...

Sometimes creation comes out of desire for something that is unattainable.

Also inspiring on this blog are the nailpolish bottles painted with little flowers. I once painted some ceramic pieces with nailpolish in an unventilated area- don't try this at home (unless you like getting really dizzy and stinking up your place!).


Who needs to go out on a Friday night? Not me, I now have some work to do!

No comments: