Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Oh, I am so excited for Halloween this year! I've always wanted to be a peacock except I was stuck on the fact that the beautiful blue and green peacocks are actually male. Then I decided, screw it- I can cross dress-  it's Halloween!

So this year I am a peacock. I made a dress out of recycled t-shirts and a bunch of fabric I had in my studio.  I sewed and cut ALL the feathers on the tail... My poor fingers had blisters from the sewing scissors, but it was worth it. I got to test run my costume at a Day of the Dead themed party over the weekend.


Unfortunately I didn't get any full body or tail shots, dang it. But tomorrow I'm dressing up too!

If you're wondering who's in the photo booth with me on the left is zombie Steve Jobs (AKA Brad, my boyfriend), on the right is a Japanese Gothic Lolita (AKA Megan).

No comments: