Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I want an Earthship for Christmas next year

This year I pretty much checked out for Christmas. Last year got WAY too hectic and I just couldn't take another year of it! So I called up my friend in Taos... Unfortunately she rented her house out over Christmas, but we were able to stay there until December 23. I figured getting away for any amount of time over the holidays was what I needed! My mom and my daughter joined me.

One of my favorite things that we did on this trip was visit the Earthship Headquarters. It was amazing. We didn't want to leave!



It was so lush and alive inside. I felt healthier just being in there! And the plants were thriving. They had all sorts of foods growing- tomato, eggplant, lettuce, strawberries. It is one of the few structures that are truly off the grid. Everything is used and reused. I can't put into words how impressed I was!

Once again, Taos was a magical and wonderful place. I can imagine myself living there someday. Here are a few more photos from the trip:




(I think this photo is hilarious. It's my daughter posing as an emo!)

No comments: