Friday, August 13, 2010

Cozy Quilts

I'm starting to feel just a hint of crispness in the air at night. The apples in my tree are getting juicy. Kids around here are starting school next week. I know Autumn is still a little ways away, but I'm already dreaming about cuddling up under a cozy quilt drinking a cup of tea. I'm dreaming about finishing one of the quilts I've started- a patchwork recycled denim quilt with embroidered stars, a 60's mod quilt with a swirl of black velvet dots, and a few more that are still residing in my thoughts. And I'm dreaming of the NEW quilts that I can allow myself to make once I finish the others-fabulously detailed, beaded, hand sewn, emboidered quilts!

(top photo found at Design Sponge, here)

Amy Ahlstrand (below), who calls herself an Urban Quilter, is a great inspiration


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ralli quilts are traditional textiles of South Asia. In these days ralli quilts are easily available with Patricia Stoddard in USA. Please check her site for information and inspiration.
www.ralliquilt.com