Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Freecycle


I found this link through the Style Will Save Us website previously mentioned. This is sort of like craigslist.org but everything is free! There are groups everywhere (over 4,000!)- the UK, France, Germany, and the US. People join and then post either stuff they are giving away or things they are looking for. Go to Freecycle.org for more info, to look for a group in your area, and/or to join. (I think it goes without saying, but it is free to join!). This comes directly from the website and sealed the deal for me:
"The Freecycle Network was started in May 2003 to promote waste reduction in Tucson's downtown and help save desert landscape from being taken over by landfills. The Network provides individuals and non-profits an electronic forum to "recycle" unwanted items. One person's trash can truly be another's treasure!"
Tell me about your experiences in the comments. I know I responded regarding some women's dresses, so we'll see how that goes!

No comments: