Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ad-Free Blog


Since starting this blog I've wrestled with the idea of advertising. I've had offers and inquiries, but they were never from a product or company that I actually would endorse (or that was relevant to my blog). Then I read this FAQ and made the decision to make this an ad-free place.

I don't want any of my endorsements questioned- everything I promote is simply because I believe in the product, NOT because I am being paid.

If you would like to join this bandwagon, you can get your own ad-free button here. This is the pledge:

by using this icon on my website I am stating...

1. That I am opposed to the use of corporate advertising on blogs.

2. That I feel the use of corporate advertising on blogs devalues the medium.

3. That I do not accept money in return for advertising space on my blog.

signed,

the author

ps- I am not saying anything against bloggers that choose to advertise or host sponsers. There are many lovely blogs that I adore with ads and links!



No comments: